“YOU DON’T HEAL JUST BECAUSE THE BONE DOES.”
Last night, the WNBA witnessed a moment that will be remembered far beyond any highlight reel. After months of grueling rehab for a devastating knee injury, one of the league’s brightest stars returned to the locker room—not just as an athlete, but as a voice for something deeper.
She smiled through warmups. She high-fived the rookie. She looked every bit the comeback story. But the assistant coach and two teammates saw what cameras missed: her eyes weren’t back.
Six months of physical therapy, countless updates, and the world expected her to be “ready.” But ten minutes before tip-off, in a silent hallway, she whispered seven words that froze the room and, soon, the entire league:
“I’m back… but I’m not okay yet.”
The silence that followed was not weakness—it was the sound of walls breaking. Her honesty cracked open a conversation the WNBA had never truly had in public: that recovery isn’t just about the body, but the mind and soul.
That night, she sat the bench, cheering for her team—not pretending, but present. A fan’s video of her comforting a rookie went viral, captioned simply: “That’s what strength actually looks like.” ESPN picked up the story. By morning, her words had become a rallying cry.
Players across the league opened up. “Sometimes you just come back—and that’s enough,” wrote one. “We forget what healing feels like,” admitted a veteran. Thousands of fans shared their own moments of vulnerability.
The WNBA responded, launching new mental health initiatives and support funds for players. Her team never asked her to explain those seven words again. They understood.
As of August 23, 2025, she hasn’t missed a game since. She’s not just playing—she’s present. Her teammates repeat her sentence like armor, a reminder that true strength is being real, not perfect.
“I’m back… but I’m not okay yet.”
And with those words, she changed what strength looks like—not just for herself, but for an entire league.
Strictly Come Dancing bosses set to shake up format ahead of this year’s series(Image: BBC)
The BBC has hit out at reports that Strictly Come Dancing bosses have decided to change the format the show ahead of this year’s series. The celebrity line-up has been a major talking point among fans for weeks as names including Dani Dyer, Emmerdale star Lewis Cope and former Geordie Shore star Vicky Pattison are to take part.
According to reports, a celebrity and their professional dancer will switch up as viewers will be able to vote for who they want to see dance with their favourite pro dancer. But the BBC are adamant that the traditional format of the show will remain the same.
When contacted by the Mirror, a representative told us: “There’s absolutely no truth to this story.” This comes after a source told The Sun: “A switch-up week is a great way to spice up Strictly Come Dancing.
Strictly Come Dancing bosses set to shake up format ahead of this year’s series(Image: PA)
“Fans will be able to vote for which celebrity they want to see dance with their favourite professional dancer.” The TV insider said that the change in format could effect the momentum of the celebrity as their level of comfort with their partner grows week on week.
But this is not the first time the switch up format has been introduced on one of the Strictly spin-offs. Dancer Kai Widdrington, who was previously paired with Angela Rippon, took part in the switch up week while on Dancing With The Stars in Ireland, in 2020.
At the time, the new format was introduced as it was a success in America and Kai was paired with former Big Brother winner turned presenter, Brian Dowling.
Aside from the switch up format, professional dancer Ian Waite has suggested that the BBC consider an all-star version. In a recent interview with the Mirror, he said: “Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was an all-star version. It can be in April or May as a series with all the top dogs like me and Zoe and, I don’t know, Brendan and Natasha!?”
Ian has hinted that he would like the broadcaster to also consider having former pro dancers return, similar to that of other shows within the franchise.
He went on to say: “But Strictly don’t even bring back pros – apart from Aljaz [Škorjanec]! You don’t find that anywhere else in the – in America, they come and go, same with.”
He added: “I think it gets to be very tiring and intense. Imagine having a year out then coming back so much fresher. I’m sure a lot of the pros would like to have a break!”
News
VIDEO: High School Student Tries To Fight A Teacher Then Gets Suplexed By A Cop
It’s not often that social media cheers on a young kid who is hurt, but that is precisely what happened…
Tom Brady Shares Emotional Birthday Tribute To His Son Jack That’s Melting Hearts Online
Tom Brady’s son, Jack, just hit a major milestone in his life. After being mocked earlier in the week when…
JUST IN: Vikings QB Sam Darnold Appears To Shoot His Shot At Viral ‘Hawk Tuah’ Girl And Fans Are Losing It
Sam Darnold seems to really like the action that Hawk Tuah can bring. The Minnesota Vikings quarterback seemed to shoot his shot at…
HOT NEWS: Jon Gruden Drops Shocking Update On His NFL Comeback And It’s Turning Heads
Jon Gruden isn’t giving up on coaching. After a hiatus from coaching stemming from the infamous release of controversial emails that…
BREAKING: Aaron Rodgers Drops Massive Truth Bomb About Football And Fans Can’t Stop Talking
Aaron Rodgers never shies away from saying what’s on his mind. The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback sparked online chatter again this week when an…
PHOTOS: Trevor Lawrence’s Wife Marissa Had Jaws Dropping While Poolside With Her Stunning Friends
Trevor Lawrence focused on his offseason training, but his wife, Marissa Lawrence, brought the energy to a weekend filled with family,…
End of content
No more pages to load